Friday, February 24, 2006

First Post

I have been reading many a financial blog recently....and well, here I am on my own Journey. Time to be truthful, time to buckle down, and time to learn.

I am 25 and I want a house. I have been concerned about saving for a while now, but never really knowing what to do....and not really wanting to give up the pleasures the spending a few extra bucks here and there bring.

I have played around with budgeting, but never got serious.

Some first goals:
get a budget together
pay off car loan

I bought my car new...I can't believe my father encouraged me to do that. I have driven the heck out of it and have put 75,000 miles on it in 3 years. It has been a great time, though! Right now my payments are 376. I threw an extra 1,000 bucks in last month and hope to pay a total of 1000 dollars each month. Right now there is $7,368.34 left.

I don't have any credit card debt to speak of. I do have accounts in bad standing that will be off my report in about a year. From a horrible ex who did horrible things, I paid off thousands of it and not knowing how the credit system worked at a young age of 22...they show up as charge offs when I paid the full amount. Current credit score...a poor-fair 696

Yes, plenty of mistakes in my background, but I have been pretty good since...not good enough as to save as much as I should have.

Here we go.

3 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be able to get those incorrect black marks removed from your credit records. It is pretty easy, actually. Just send certified letters to the creditors disputing the charge-off. They must respond to you within a short period. If they don't you repeat the process, two more times I think. After the third time with no response (there won't be any response, since you are small fry) you have all the documentation you need to have the black mark removed. It is the law, and they have to do it once you fulfil those steps.

Look it up online for step-by-step instructions. Basically it really is just about that easy. Three certified letters and you are clean.

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is always a good day to start your financial journey. Good Luck and I look forward to following your progress!

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you joining the PF blogging world. Thanks for the link!!
Hazzard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home