Thursday, March 02, 2006

IRA, Debt, and Budgets - oh, my!

Earlier this week I said I had a goal to write the agencies about credit cards I paid. I have yet to do a thing about that and will force myself to get some stuff together on that today.

I have done several things that just kind of happened. First, the IRA is set up. Funds will be sent by Smith Barney. Second, I now have three months of data on how my money has been spent. I put everything into Quicken. Now, I am still trying to figure out the program, but I can read that colorful little pie chart quite well. I wanted to have a few months data before sitting down to make a budget. Now there are no excuses (eeek).

It is a bit hard to be in the beginning stages of it all....and easier at the same time. I find myself wanting to learn more about investing in stock...(and it is ok for me to learn)...but I have no money that can go towards that right now. I am trying to keep focus: pay car off, shove money into savings....pay car off, shove money into savings...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home