Monday, March 20, 2006

Auto Insurance Shopping

I have not shopped around for auto insurance in 11 years...so, really...never. I am with the same company my parents have been with forever. I really really like them, but as I am trying to find my partner a good deal on moving her auto insurance off of her parents, I might as well get quotes for myself. This is just such a pain to figure out what you already have and put it into each companies online portal (all with different ways of explaining the amount and deductable and yadda yadda). I want to scream, but this could end up paying off...at least a little bit.

Any thoughts?

3 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.insweb.com is one site that will do a comparison for several auto insurance companies. progressive.com will also give you competitor quotes

And rather than completing the quote online, call to ask a representative to figure out comparable options since that's what their job is all about. Sometimes you don't save time doing things online and I think this is one of those cases.

Oh and read this article entitled 'How Much Policy Do You Need?'
http://www.smartmoney.com/insurance/auto/
This will explain all the common parts of an auto insurance policy and give you some ideas on how to save money.

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger young guns said...

Thanks so much eric!

Figuring out what you really need is so hard. This looks like it will really help.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Nina Smith said...

I haven't thought much about insurance. Like you, I've been with the same provider for years... never have shopped around for anything different.

Thanks for stopping by Sitting Pretty and letting me know your blogging status!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home