Monday, July 24, 2006

How I scored .29 greeting cards

Yesterday, I was lucky enough to purchase enough cards to get me through birthdays and a few other holidays for the next 2-3 years. Each at a max cost of 29 cents each. How? Well, Albertsons is going out of business in our area. They had most food items at 30%-40% off, but even with that discount that just brought their prices down to our regular store's prices (HEB). No wonder they were going out of business. So, we were pretty disappointed upon finding that out, but then we saw that all greeting cards were 90% off. I bought bday cards for my mom, dad, niece, brother, and nephew. I found a father's day card or two and a few blanks. Awesome! Wine was at a pretty good discount too, but we were there before noon, which is a no-go in Texas. The girlfriend might be going back for two bottles. We don't drink much wine, but we have friends who invite us over and want us to bring a bottle. This way we can get away with only paying 5 bucks a bottle! :)

This whole experience really made me appreciate my normal grocery store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home