Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Saving money with a personal challenge!

I hope to save myself from spending 150-200ish dollars this week. I am in my best friend's wedding (officiating it - eeeek!) He wants me to wear a suit. Great, no problem. Well, there is one problem. The only suit I have was from when I first graduated college and went on the job hunt spree. That was about 5 years ago. It is a classic suit, so it is still in style, but I didn't quite fit in it anymore. I was stupid and didn't go buy a bigger pair of pants before the store shut down for good (Casual Corner). I would have had a complete, fitting suit. So, I gave myself a challenge. I wanted to fit into that damn suit for the wedding. It has been 8 weeks and I have lost 14 pounds. I have been stuck at the same weight for about 2-3 weeks now. That is frustrating...especially since I haven't gone off the diet. I am increasing my exercise even more and decreasing what I eat a bit more and will see if that will budge me. I may still have to suck in a bit, but I should be able to get into that suit! I will make my final decision on Saturday. That way I will have a few days to find something else if need be.

Also, in my quest to lose weight, I have been biking to work more and more. I only live 5 miles away, so the savings my not be THAT great, but I can tell it in my Quicken reports! :)

1 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HATE that Casual Corner closed. They had the best stuff. Well, at least in terms of suit/business type stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home