Monday, June 19, 2006

I want I want I want....How I will get what I want

That is what I feel like right now. Not that I want things, but I want to do! Like I have posted before, this is a craptastic month as far as money goes. I know we are going to get back on track next paycheck and adjust to not having the girlfriend's income, but man - it sucks.
This is my birthday week and I want to go to a semi-nice restaurant. I want to go see Nacho Libre. I want to go to Dave and Busters. I have basically 90 bucks to last us two weeks.

The meal - we can't go out on the night of my birthday. My team has a kickball game and we will go out like normal afterwards. I keep going back and forth on if I REALLY do want to go out to eat. I am on a diet now - and I just don't know if it is worth it. I think what I may be wanting is just to get out of the house.
My suggestion to myself: make a picnic - go out to a park without the dog

The movie- We usually go to the Alamo Drafthouse for movies. You can have a good meal and a pitcher of beer while watching the new releases - or wacky specials. I want to see Nacho Libre so bad. So, instead of spending more than we need to...
My suggestion to myself: I have a free movie pass from fandango. We can sneak in our own snacks - heck, maybe even a flask - to a "normal" theatre. The cost would only be one movie ticket instead of 2 tickets + beer at the Drafthouse.

Dave and Busters- I love this place. SO MUCH. I have $20 dollar in gift cards coming that I could use anywhere. I was going to put the $20 bucks towards D&B. I got a coupon from them for my b-day with free chips, plus they are having a June special where if you buy $20 worth of game play you get another $10 of play for free. I don't have my giftcards yet!
My suggestion to myself: Go ahead and shell out the $20 and get all the free stuff you can. I can take the giftcards and apply them to grocery or gas next month and just shift around our budget money. Suck up the cost for a few beers, cause it's your birthday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home