Friday, May 12, 2006

I just saved a lot of money switching to Geico!

I hope this is what I will be chanting in about a month.

I looked at different rates online yesterday. I still need to call my current provider to see if they can do anything better for me. I also have questions about what the heck the PIP thing is and how much I would need.

I pay about 630 or so every 6 months...now, I still need to see what it would be if I knock it up to a 1000 deductible.

Here is what I am thinking:

Bodily Injury: 100,000/300,000
Property damage: 100,000
MED: 0
Personal Injury Protection(PIP) 2,500
Uninsured Motorist BI: 100,000/300,000
Uninsured Motorist Property: 100,000
comprehensive: 1,000 deductible (eek!)
Collision: 1,000 deductible (eek!)
Roadside: No (I currently have it, but should get AAA instead)
Rental: $20??? I keep going back and forth!

Total: 393.00

The same package ended up being about 422.50 with Progressive.

Now, I do have my renters insurance through my current company and it ended up being free because of the multiple policy bit. So, that will be an extra 100 a year or so, but I would still get great savings.

I am scared that as soon as I change my deductible to 1,000 something is going to happen and I will be S.O.L. I guess that is just what emergency funds are for.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Anonymous USA said...

Here is the solution to the fear of having your collision deductible set to $1000.00 - go to www.1000deductible.com
Watch the 3 videos. Then go to http://www.mycdrpsavings.com/IDAgroup
This plan will solve your problem and save you lots of money over your lifetime. It is a patented product that has proven to be a huge success.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home