Wednesday, April 19, 2006

my trouble with grocery coupons

The Sunday paper seems pretty hit or miss for me. We don't buy a lot of name brand prepackaged goods, and it seems that is what most of the coupons are for. We buy a lot of fresh meat and produce. In the frozen food section we either buy Morning Star products or Amy's products. I have never seen a coupon for either of these in the paper. I get Morning Star coupons from the checkout line. I recently wrote Amy's to tell them how much I love their stuff and they sent me plenty of coupons...even one for a free product! Most other things we buy store brand...ziploc, oatmeal, canned veggies, windex. I often get coupons for the cat food from the bag itself.

All in all, it just doesn't seem to add up in my favor. It has been a few months since I have checked...maybe I should get one this week and just see what they have to offer and compare that against my shopping list.

A good tip is to write companies whose products you enjoy. Amy's did me well. I have also gotten free sandwiches from Chick-fil-A. It never hurts to write. Next up...the dog food company. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home