Monday, April 03, 2006

First of the month changes and amazon sells

I took out 45 dollars in cash. This was to fund my 25 dollar entertainment weekly budget as well as my 40 dollar eating out weekly budget. You do the math. Oops. I need to take out another 20. This is the first time I will be trying this cash enforced budgeting method. This are my two hardest areas to control, as well as my two most expensive areas.

Oh, this is also the first month that I am not overpaying on taxes as much as I used to. I used to have a much harder time saving and always claimed 0 on my taxes. I have now started claiming 1 and am putting the difference into my HSBC account.

This weekend was fairly cheap and fun. We only ate out once. This was on friday evening at our local cheap wings and cheap beer joint. We spent the rest of the evening strolling up and down the street looking at the antique car show.

Saturday we went to a free cake show in town and then took the dog out to a park and an outside event. We were tuckered and had an awesome free time! That evening we went to a friend's house for a gourmet potluck.

Sunday was cleaning up and cleaning out! We prepared the apartment for the girlfriend's moving in. We cleaned out the second bedroom that had been functioning as my study. In doing this I listed 8 books to sell on Amazon. I only listed ones that would brink me in at least 3 dollars in profit after Amazon takes their share. I have two that will hopefully bring me about 20 bucks each. All of the other books that needed to go away were taken to Half-Price Books where I got 2 bucks for the box. I had never really thought of selling my stuff on Amazon untill FearlessMoney talked about it here

I have already sold one book!

It felt good to get rid of so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home