Thursday, April 20, 2006

I've got gas issues!

Yes, we are all feeling the squeeze. I have a Jeep Liberty (which I love) and this is what I have been trying to do to save on gas:

First, I drive like a bat out of hell. I have never really tried to slow down too much, but now I am. We are taking a 3 hour trip this weekend. Normally I would drive near 90 most of the way. This time I will stay around 65. It will hurt. I can do it.
I have already mostly broken my habit of starting fast from stop lights and such.

Second, tomorrow I am going to set aside time to check my air filter and tire pressure.

Now, if I were smart I would have been tracking my MPG to see what I have been getting. I do know this. I darn near go through a tank in one week.

My goal is to try to first stretch it to 1 week + 1 day before filling up again.

Also, I am still working on the bike thing. If I could ride that one day a week then that would already lead me to meet my first goal.

Handy links:
Tips to improve your gas mileage

10 car care tips that save gas

1 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Just laying off the car on the weekends can do wonders. Try to run errands before or after work and let the car sit for one or both days of your weekends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home