Monday, May 01, 2006

How did I do in April? numbers.

Well, pretty good for my first pretty serious month of cutting spending. The main areas I am tracking here are eating out, entertainment, grocery, and gas. These are areas which I have more control over than any other spending areas. I don't shop too much , so my Misc category is usually anywhere from 25-50 dollars. I started tracking spending in Jan. Here is how it breaks down from Feb-April

Feb.
Gas-139
Eating Out- 330.00
Entertainment-234.71
Groceries-204.46
-this month's eating out and entertainment were quite high due to valentine's day

March
Gas-80
Eating Out-105
Entertainment-43
Grocieries-151
-this month is a little off due to being on vacation for a week...those expenses went under "vacation"

April
Gas-143
Eating Out-103
Entertainment-78
Groceries-103

-so..taking everything into account I think we did a good job this month!

I guess I need to start tracking my savings increases

-end of March I have

HSBC- $2,417.82
E-trade- $1000
Credit Union- $1,116.43
------------------------
$4534.25

3 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Nina Smith said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this isn't nearly as exciting as yours, but I have $1700 in savings as of today! I got a little check from the Univ. today and I don't know why, but it's going in there, too! I'm excited. I feel better about buying my bike now.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger young guns said...

hey, good job! It took me a heck of a lot longer to get my first 1500 in savings than you! We will set you up with a higher yield savings account :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home