Thursday, May 25, 2006

Less loans and paying off more debt

Thank goodness we are not going to have to use any of our emergency savings for pastry school. The girlfriend had some stock that her grandmother gave her. It should cover the part that the student loans didn't take care of. She basically will just be loaning herself the money with the intentions of building that savings back up after knocking out her loans. We will be meeting with a financial lady to figure out what we need to do to sell the stock and to go over what funds my IRA is in. Apparently my bank put me in B shares and they aren't that good. We are going to just look over things and see if it would be beneficial to move it around and how much that would cost if it would be worth it.

At my job we are waiting to hear what our raise percentage is going to be. One thing that sucks about working for the gov't is the lack of good raises. We just had a study done by a firm that determined we were underpaid and now they are trying to figure out what kind of raise we will get. I am not holding my breath for anything over 4%, but it sure would be awesome to get more.

June is quickly approaching. In June I plan on putting 1,000 bucks toward getting Jeep paid off. I will have a 400+ car insurance bill to pay and I will be turning another year older. On June 22 I will have lived 26 years. Yup....turning the big 2-6! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home