Friday, August 04, 2006

Thanks for the help!

Thanks to everyone who replied to my previous posts. While there is most likely nothing that can be done about the student loan situation (except for me to document everything and keep my notes more organized and don't throw things away so soon).

Now, the job bit. It looks like they probably won't hire someone on the high end of that pay range, just talking more about the position, my boss is thinking of getting someone right out of college-ish. I still am kicking myself for not asking for a few thousand more, but we live and learn. I really know how things work a bit more. This is only my second job out of college and I have really really learned. Raise time is coming up. Since we are government folk, the raises aren't anywhere near the corporate world, but I will see what I get and then go from there. I looked up the pay range for my job...that advice was awesome...I totally forgot that this would be public.

Deep breaths and onward ho!

1 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger mapgirl said...

FWIW, I'm a decade out of college and I still have every single scrap of paper as it relates to my loans. As long as your loan is active, keep all of the paperwork.

This will come in handy if the loan gets sold, etc. I had a problem when one of my direct loans from school got outsourced. (Then how is it "direct"?) It was a total pain in the neck. It worked out, but it's easier to truck around the extra paper than get screwed later on because you don't have the info. Trust me.

And btw, eventually, with time, the loan balances will shrink. It's very discouraging the first 5 years, but I promise, it will get better! I never thought I'd see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it came and went and the liberation feels pretty good.

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home