Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Debt going down and Efund going up

Slowly but surely. I have 2,500 dollars left to pay on my Jeep. Me being quiet doesn't mean I haven't been working hard. The past few months I have been paying $1,000 a month towards that debt. Soon it will be gone and I will move to putting $1200 a month into our savings. This will go towards our emergency fund and our house fund.

We already have roughly $7,000 in our emergency fund. I would like to have 15,000 for our emergency fund. This would cover a job loss for a few months.

I would also like us to have $25,000-30,000 down on a house. My partner will be out of school and brining in more income soon. Maybe we can sock away a little more. For now I will say we are looking at around 2.5 years. I hope houses don't go up too much more :(

I keep going back and forth on buying sooner and financing more or buying later and having house prices go up and up. Austin will be sure to go up in prices. Who knows.

The dog is coming along well in her training. I could not be happier with that whole situation.

Well, this is the state of my state. Over and out.

1 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you for reducing your debt. I recently also went through a financial struggle and solved my problems by ripping up my credit cards and replacing them with pre-paid cards which I can reload to spend within my means. There are lot of them out there, but the one I like best is from this company called Obopay, and they let you send and receive money instantaneously through your cell phone which is pretty cool

 

Post a Comment

<< Home